- Consistent work and hours! (We are an essential service!)
- No experience needed! Full training provided!
- Multiple Roles Available!
About the position:
We are looking for Glasshouse Workers to work at our Ohaupo site.
These are full-time roles, working Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 4.00pm but you will need to be available to work extra hours and weekends as required.
This is physical work in hot conditions, with a lot of walking. You will be working on our tomato crop which includes picking, de-leafing, pruning, clipping and twisting.
We are doing everything to ensure we continue to operate safely and keep each other, our families and communities safe as we run this essential service.
What’s in it for you?
- Consistent, non-weather dependent work
- A fantastic team environment
- On the job training and support from a great team!
- The opportunity to make the Horticulture industry an awesome sustainable career option for you
What are we looking for?
You do not need any previous experience or skills in horticulture as onsite training is provided.
You will need:
- A positive attitude and the willingness to learn new skills
- The ability to work in warm to hot temperatures
- The ability to do physical work (lifting up to 25kgs) and a lot of walking
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- To be comfortable working at heights (high trolley work)
A bit about us:
T&G is New Zealand's largest producer and packer of hothouse tomatoes. These crops are grown in state-of-the-art environmentally controlled glasshouses, across our 4 North Island sites, and are packaged for both local and export markets 52 weeks of the year.
We are passionate about our purpose of growing healthier futures through fresh fruit and vegetables.
If this sound like you and you are looking to join us in providing nutritious fruit and vegetables to Kiwi’s we want to hear from you.
Apply now or call us on 0800 141 256 for more information!